Friday, September 17, 2010

I've done everything. But I still bring the message: "Problem communicating near the printer." Please Help!!

I use an Epson Stylus C60 printer w/Windows XP OS. I visibly receive nouns from the computer, but the printer does not respond. I've done everything suggested by experts, forums, groups, troubleshooting, etc....and to no avail!



I guess what I need to know is this: What device remits communication from computer to printer? I use a parallel nouns and a Hewlett Packard computer.



Pre-Thanks,

ADT

I've done everything. But I still bring the message: "Problem communicating near the printer." Please Help!!

The driver interprets the data through to the printer through the parallel port. Have a look at hardware devices and take home sure the driver is attached to the port. Have you tried using a USB connection? You may discover tat the driver you are using is for USB singular. You could try downloading a new driver from driverguide.com
Hit it!
Try here...you can procure LIVE support.



Frustrating, I know. They'll Help u.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/store/about...
try to reinstal your printer to another pc if it works your hp printer port is defective or try to us isb port for your printer if these fail, if the printer is brand new you should walk back to the store and enjoy it check for free
I have the answer for you.

Uninstall the printer driver.

Get a USB cable.

Install the most up-to-date driver from Epson.

Plug it in USB.

If that fail the port is set incorrectly in your bios.
You may stipulation to install the associated print driver (software program) that enables communicatino between your operating system and the printer. Go online and Google the printer to see what drivers are needed.



Good Luck
did you try a different nouns cable?

No comments:

Post a Comment