Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lexmark 3400 Series Printer Affecting Boot of Windows XP?

I only just got a Lexmark X3470 all-in-one printer copier scanner. It works great, and connects to my computer via USB cable. The hours of daylight after using it for the first time, I turned my computer (Dell Dimension 2400) on, and the monitor showed the Dell logo and white progress bar, and after gave me a blank black eyeshade with flashing cursor within the top left corner.



Multiple reboots subsequent, I finally got the operating system to boot. Long story short: whenever the USB from the printer scanner copier is plugged into the computer, and I try to start it, indistinguishable issue happens. Whenever the USB is unplugged, the computer boots usually. This morning, the printer USB was plugged within, and I tried to start, and I got the black eyeshade. With the computer STILL ON, I unplugged the USB, and it immediately started to boot up. I've never see anything like this, and I don't know whether it is the printer or my computer! Help!

Lexmark 3400 Series Printer Affecting Boot of Windows XP?

It sounds resembling it's the motherboard. You can try updating the drivers from your motherboard manufacturers' website.



If this doesn't help, your solely choice is to get another motherboard or use a different operating system.



Hope this help,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment