Friday, September 17, 2010

Is USB Mass Storage Device suppose to show when printer is on?

I a short time ago bought a Canon PIXMA MP500 printer but it didn't come with the setup CD-ROM so I installed the drivers via downloaded drivers from the Canon site. Everytime I turn on the printer, the computer recognize it as a mass storage device (with the generic volume drive) as if it were a USB flash drive or something similar. Is that suppose to occur? The printer still works regardless, even if I safely remove the generic volume drive. It freshly bugs the heck out of me. Thanks for replies

Is USB Mass Storage Device suppose to show when printer is on?

Does the printer have an integrated medium card reader?





UPDATED RESPONSE:



Well, that's why then, those are considered mass storage devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment